The Labour Relations Act Provides for the self-regulation of Industries through the medium of Bargaining Councils. MIBCO is a Bargaining Council as envisaged in the Act whose mission is to create and maintain industrial peace and stability in the Motor Industry. Mibco's vision is to be an unbiased, credible value-adding, service orientated organisation, committed to providing professional, efficient service and excellent benefits to employers, employees and all role players in the Motor Industry in the most cost effective way.
To create and maintain industrial peace and stability in the Motor Industry by:
- Providing a forum and facilities for collective bargaining in respect of wages and working conditions at an industry level;
- Ensuring Industry-wide adherence to Collective Agreements;
- Settling labour disputes that arise within the Motor Industry;
- Providing social benefits for the upliftment and stability of all people falling within the Motor Industry;
- Ensuring majority support from all employers and employees.
Statement of Mibco Values
We are committed to make our customers the main focus of our business;
To regard our staff as our most valued/important internal asset.