To avoid being ill-prepared in any situation, be sure to stock up on these items to keep in your vehicle.
Ladysmith Gazette has compiled a list of 10 things you should probably make sure are in your car, to prepare for anything.
In case an emergency occurs, or you find yourself in a situation that requires s0me specialised equipment, rest assured that you can cope if you keep the following 10 things handy in your car.
- Tyre changing supplies: This kit includes items such as a spare tyre, the iron, lug wrench and a tyre jack.
- Tyre sealant: This is a quick fix to repair a leaking or punctured tyre.
- Jumper cables: These are very important, as a dead battery can take you by surprise and leave you stranded. Also, not everyone keeps these in their car, so it’s best to have your own set.
- Gas can: Always keep extra fuel in case you run out. This is safer and more convenient than walking to the nearest gas station.
- Fire extinguisher: If yours or another car catches fire, or you come across a small fire, then this will be a necessity.
- First aid kit: In case you or someone else gets injured, this will come in handy, and is easily tucked away in the car. Make sure to replace your kits every year.
- Flashlight: Do not rely on your cell phone for this. Instead, invest in a good flashlight.
- Multi-tool: You never know what tools you may need, so having this in your car will cover all your bases.
- Emergency food: Not only for if the youngsters get hungry, but packing emergency food in case you get stuck in traffic or stranded is always a must.
- Reflective triangles: In case there is an accident or a vehicle has broken down, you will need these to warn other motorists.
Source: The Citizen