To complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Update and maintain supplier database
- Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and accounts payable files.
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Capture suppliers’ invoices on weekly /daily / monthly
- Match and batch invoices
- Reconcile creditors’ monthly statements
- Capture suppliers credit notes
- Process purchase orders, reconcile GL and creditors accounts monthly.
- Pay invoices within 60 days on receipt of invoice to avoid penalties.
- Ensure invoices are properly authorized, send remittances and report monthly to finance manager on the age analysis
- Communicate with other departments regarding invoices.
- Arrange special payment plans for creditors, with the approval from finance manager.
Education & Experience
- Bookkeeping/ Finance Diploma
- 3 years’ relevant experience preferably within automotive industry
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles
- Supervisory skills
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- TMS proficiency must be excellent.
- Computer skills including ability to operate computerized accounting spreadsheets at a high proficient level
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Stress and time management
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent problem-solving
Mtatha, Eastern Cape