To keep records on amounts owed by customers and amounts paid; recover the debts charge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process accounting transactions relating primarily to debtors including monthly statements and credit notes after investigation and authorisation by the financial manager.
- Capture credit notes
- Carry out routine bookkeeping duties to submit a record of all overdue accounts at the end of every month to the financial manager.
- Determine which accounts are overdue and contact those persons/institutions in writing or by telephone to recover the outstanding balance.
- Determine a deadline for payment and follow up on the payment of the accounts. If the date of payment is not met, the debtors’ clerk decides which steps must be taken (for example to sue the person/institution) and report to financial manager.
- Recover monies from non-paying clients or defaulters that might otherwise have had to be written off as a bad debt.
- Debt collection and confirmation of receipt of funds by invoicing the customer.
- Allocation of payments and bank reconciliation.
- Update receivables by totalling unpaid invoices.
- Submit monthly statements and monthly reporting as debtor’s report including age analysis report to financial manager.
Education & Experience
- Bookkeeping/ Finance Diploma
- 3 years’ relevant experience preferably within automotive industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles
- Supervisory skills
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- TMS proficiency must be excellent.
- Computer skills including ability to operate computerised accounting spreadsheets at a high proficient level
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Stress and time management
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent problem-solving
Mtatha, Eastern Cape