Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement.
Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Review repair cost estimates with Insurance Companies to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
• Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
• Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
• Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
• Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
• Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
• Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
• Taking of photographs
• Documenting/Recording Information – Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, making decisions and solving problems
• Analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form
• Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
• Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person.
• Communicating with Persons Outside Organisation – Communicating with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or email.
• Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
• Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
• Making sure that additionals is kept to the minimum by having vehicles stripped.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Optimise profitability on job quotes.
Education & Experience
• Diploma from Approved Institution.
• 5 years’ relevant experience within automotive industry.
• Quality and productivity focussed
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
• Knowledge of all aspects in shop
• Knowledge of the products
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent proficiency in TMS
• Excellent proficiency with all the insurance portals
• Excellent problem-solving
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• Honesty and integrity
• Stress and time management
• Computer literate
Mtatha, Eastern Cape