Unfair Labour Practices & Employment Equity
A new RMI virtual seminar has been added to the calendar entitled, Unfair Labour Practices & Employment Equity. To register, click the button below.
Some topics covered in the seminar include;
- Unfair Labour Practices: suspension, demotion, promotion, probation, disciplinary action, training, whistleblowing, provision of benefits, re-instatement.
- Employment equity: unfair discrimination: direct and indirect, harassment, designated employers and employees, affirmative action policies.
- Am I liable to defend a discrimination claim if an employee makes a joke to a colleague that has a racist or sexual implication?
- Can an employee make a claim of an Unfair Labour Practice against me for disciplinary warnings and suspensions that I have imposed?
- If I extend the employee’s probation period, can that also be regarded as an Unfair Labour Practice?
- Can the compensation that I must pay to my employee who wins a case of Unfair Labour Practice against me be as high as 12 months’ remuneration?
- Are my methods of recruiting staff in line with current legislation? o Is my business required to have an Affirmative Action policy?
- Can the compensation that I must pay to my employee who wins a case of discriminatory dismissal against me be as high as 24 months’ remuneration?